“Committed to provide consistent, customized and workable solutions to our clients, strive to render services with the highest level of professionalism, efficiency and technology and be recognised as a professional firm that consistently exceeds the expectations of its clients and its people through commitment to learning, integrity and hard work.”
Business enterprises are facing new markets, new technologies and new competitive challenges in present dynamic world. The current trend of globalization of the economy, the evolution of e-commerce as the modern way of operating has extended the business horizon. In this scenario, we consider it our privilege to serve you and to help you to add value to your portfolio.
India-focused auditing, accounting and financial advisory firm established in 1914, M/s. SORAB S. ENGINEER & CO. (SSE) by the founder partner Mr. Sorab S. Engineer. SSE operates from two locations in Mumbai ( Bombay ) and Ahmedabad and manages an extensive affiliate network providing service throughout India , since last 9 decades.
SSE has four working partners, all of whom are professional Chartered Accountants, holding a certificate of practice issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
|Mr. Sorab S. Engineer (Founder)||82||01.03.1914 to 28.01.1973|
|Mr. E. J. Dastur||48||01.03.1934 to 08.11.1970|
|Mr. K. S. Engineer||280||01.03.1934 to 31.12.1982|
|Mr. R. N. Katrak||838||01.01.1961 to 31.12.1987|
|Mr. J. E. Dastur||3286||01.01.1961 to 31.12.1970|
|Mr. J. C. Shah||6967||01.01.1971 to 18.01.1998|
|Mr. J. E. Dinshaw||30099||01.01.1983 to 30.09.1998|
Mr. Sorab S. Engineer
- Did his articles under Mr. K. S. Aiyar
- Mr. C. C. Chokshi (Founder of C. C. Chokshi & Co.), Mr. G. P. Kapadia (First President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India), Mrs. Shirin Engineer (one of the first amongst the ladies in India to be qualified as a chartered accountant) were just a few of the illustrious people who did their articles under Mr. Sorab S. Engineer.
- Founded the firm bearing his name on 1st March 1914, making it one of the oldest firms of India.
- Was on of the founder lecturers of Sydenham College.
- Was one of the first Indians to qualify as an Incorporated Accountant & Auditor of London along with Mr. Jamshed Batliboi & Mr. Limji Batliboi.
- Born in 1910.
- Passed his Chartered Accountancy exam in 1934.
- Became a partner in the firm in 1934.
- Was also qualified as an Incorporated Accountant of England & Wales.
Mr. M. P. Antia : Membership No. 7825
The Most Senior Partner of the firm qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1966 and associated as a partner since 01.01.1971. He has significant experience in the field of Corporate Audit, Internal Audit, Tax Audit, Trust Audit and Taxation.Mr. N. D. Anklesaria : Membership No. 10250
The Senior Partner of the firm qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1969 and associated as a partner since 01.01.1974. He has expertise in the investigation and audit of large corporate bodies, Tax Audit, Internal Audit, Consultancy and other corporate services.Mrs. R. N. Anklesaria : Membership No. 34461
The Senior Partner of the firm qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1983 and associated as a partner since 01.01.1988. She has expertise in the audit of large corporate bodies, Internal Audit, Management Consultancy, System Audit, Tax Audit and other corporate services.Mr. S. B. Chokshi : Membership No. 100892
The Junior Partner of the firm qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1996 and associated as a partner since 01.04.2001. He has expertise in the audit of large corporate bodies, Tax Audit, Internal Audit, System Audit, audit of NGOs, Public Charitable Trust, Taxation and other corporate services.